The beauty of digital photography means that these details can be captured, in more and finer detail. Of course film cameras capture it as well, but film had a high cost, so images were of formal groups and some details. This is why we see the more natural photography taking place, people can be capture, and if they have their eyes closed, or a mid-laugh, it can just be deleted, no valuable film wasted.
Its all in the detail...
However.... the getting ready shots usually mean a lot of people are about, often the bride and maids, the make-up artist and hairdresser all in the one room, lots going on, lots of people getting ready, lots of 'stuff'...... and 'STUFF' is what I want to talk to you about!
I bet when you've been planning your wedding you've been looking at Pinterest, glossy magazines, all with beautiful, model posed images... getting ready shots, and no 'Stuff'! 'Stuff' does;t make it into glossy magazines, BUT it will make it into your shots, so please can I suggest some things….
- Stuff – suitcases, make-up bags, hair straighteners, bins, Lucozade bottles – DO NOT look beautiful in the getting ready shots. Have a room for all the suitcase and shoes and dis-guarded clothes and stuff.
- Empty the bins, remove the labels from the new lingerie, decant the Lucozade into a glass!
- Is the room big enough for everyone to get ready in? Is it big enough to have a photographer? Is it light enough?
- If possible, just have a room for you and the essentials, dress and flowers, let the 'stuff' be in a room next door.
Somethings to think about.....
- Do make sure you have refreshments – WATER and an attitude adjuster (champagne), have some nibbles.
- Emergency things – plasters, blister pads, wet wipes, tissues, eye drops, waterproof mascara, safety pin, needle and thread, scissors, deodorant, wooden coat hangers,
- Brides handbag – for the church / after the service / reception – do have tissues, extra plasters, lipstick and squirt of perfume and a small bottle of water all ready, to be put discreetly in the church and the get away car
- Water! Water! Water! It is a long day, keep hydrated before the service and and before you get to the reception!
Sian - My Rural Tribe Photography